Friday, July 07, 2006

Break in to my place, will you?

The Scene of Crime Officer came round to my flat yesterday. She was a very small, late 20's lady who took her job very seriously (as one might) and spoke VERY LOUDLY about EVIDENCE. She had a tall guy with her who turned out to be her student. He called me mate. I felt this to be slightly unwarrented familiarity but decided, on balance, that it was probably ok.

Anyway, she got some "good palm prints" off the window and the window sill and was very excited by the orange juice carton. Earlier that day A and I had put a bucket over the carton to protect it from rain / goblins. She was very impressed with my foresight. Carton was covered with prints AND was swabbed for DNA. Brilliant! Just like CSI. Only our hair wasn't as good.

I am told that, with the evidence available, if they're on the database, they'll find them. She went on to tell me that I'd hear in a few months if they'd caught someone. I asked if I could go poke them with sticks once they'd been found.

She didn't seem impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home