Thursday, June 22, 2006

on the extreme heat of my Powerbook and the crapness of my PhD

Went to the British Library today, which was... useful. Learnt me some stuff about skin structure and comparative life history. Not yet found a way to connect the two, but hey, what can you do? Can't help feeling that I'm starting the library work a little late. Can't escape the gradually dawning realisation that my PhD has been a bit of a let down. I think I've been supervised quite badly. I think. Well. I guess time will tell.

Also, my powerbook is very seriously overheating. The fans don't seem to be turning at all. It gets so hot that touching the bottom of it can actually be uncomfortable...

***

You'd think I'd have checked that out before now, wouldn't you? Online, I mean. My lovely Powerbook's been burning my thighs for some time now. I now find out that this is normal... at least there is some precedence . People tell me that there is no way to force my machine's fan's on and furthermore that the heat issue is partly due to the fact that the aluminium case acts as a heat dissipation device , although there is apparently some discussion over whether or not my battery might burst in to flames. Mostly though, it seems fine .

Happy I could share that with you.

If only my academic life could be so speedily remedied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home