Thursday, May 04, 2006

sit semper cum omnibus nobis

It's all go.

Our corporate sponsors want to see us next week, so the Lab is busy pullling amazing data out of its collective arse. It's worst for LabmateMike who has to submit a report on 4 years of work. All a bit stressful. Miriam's going to present findings which contradict stuff she found beforfe, Ian's got to build a presentation by tomorrow despite the fact that he's only just started gathering data. My presentation is somewhat chaotic at the moment, to put it mildly.

It breaks down like this: the MegaCorp that funds us has 2 wings; one in the UK one 'cross the pond in the US. I, for my own part, am funded by the US lot, as is Ian. Miriam and LbM have UK money. This means that Miriam and LbM have to journey down to Luton on Sunday night, present to UK businesstypes on Monday and come back up on Monday night to meet US suitmonkeys to whom Ian and I will be presenting.

Fascinating, no?

In any event, this whole scenario sees me desperately running regression after regression on skin texture data and correlating hormone levels with goddamn everything I can find. My supervisor has just handed me a different version of my dataset... and now something that used to work doesn't anymore... I might pretend I didn't notice.

Shit.

Tonight I'm off to watch Miriam beat the living shit out of a woman I have never met before. Never been to a boxing match before. I'll let you know how it goes.

Then we have a lab meeting at 9.00 tomorrow morning. Joy. Rapture.

Ah well... these stats aren't going to run themselves.

Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home